Hard water contains impurities such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and other minerals dissolved as the water passes through limestone. It leaves mineral deposits on plumbing, appliances, and the inside of water pipes and the minerals in hard water react with soap to form soap scum in your shower and a dull film on your dishes. The same reaction causes clothes to wear out faster when you wash them. Ace Technical analyzes your water for hardness and impurities, and recommends the best system and water softeners
for your house in Midland and Odessa.
When the sodium ions on the beads have been depleted, the tank goes through a regeneration cycle. First, the beads are flushed to remove dirt and other impurities. Then salt water from the brine tank washes around the beads and replaces the calcium and magnesium with new sodium ions. Finally, clean water flushes the brine out of the beads.
Three types of regulators are available for water softening systems:
- Timer – The regeneration cycle takes place at regular scheduled intervals.
- Computer – The system regenerates based on the amount of water usage.
- Mechanical – A water meter triggers regeneration when a certain amount of water has passed through the system.
Don’t worry, the quantity of sodium in the treated water is very low.
You will see and feel the difference when you install a water softening system:
- Shampoo and soap produce a generous lather, and your skin and hair feels softer and moister after a bath.
- Dishes in your dishwasher will be free of spots and films.
- No soap scum or mineral deposits on your tubs, sinks, and showers.
To learn more about water softeners, call Ace Technical at 532-570-9995